Microsoft Network Engineer
Status: Full Time Employee
Relevant work Experience: 5+ years
Company and Job Overview:
TJ Microsystems is an outstanding Cairns-based managed services provider that specialises in support for small to medium sized businesses. TJ Microsystems uses the most cutting edge tools and support technologies available to bring these customers corporate level IT and maximise efficiency and customer service. For our employees, this translates to excellent learning opportunities and exposure to the best methods for computer support in the industry.
We provide a fun office environment, amazing growth opportunities and outstanding rewards. Our vision is to be the largest and most trusted Managed Service Provider in Cairns by offering maximum network uptime, excellent customer service and comprehensive, standards-based computer solutions. We do this by employing only the best and the brightest.
This career opportunity requires strong server skills, networking knowledge and excellent customer relationship skills. Our Network Engineers are responsible for designing networks from the ground up and right-sizing them for our customers.
We combine our small, family-oriented, fun-loving atmosphere with a corporate IT philosophy to create a unique fusion you won’t find elsewhere.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Working on a team that will provide remote server support for customer networks
- Performing preventative maintenance on servers and workstations and design maintenance routines to minimize work
- Troubleshooting and resolving networking issues in conjunction with other vendors as needed
- Installing software and hardware both remotely and at customer location
- Responding to phone calls in a timely manner during working hours and when on-call
- Maintaining all customer and company Information Technology standards
- Following through on work orders within established service level agreements
- Maintaining time records, ticket tracking and other customer documentation in real-time
- Creating and Maintaining documentation for the systems we manage
- Providing training for the Network Administrators relating to the products we install
- Ability to work after-hours, weekends and on-call as needed in a rotation with the other Network Engineers and Network Administrators
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
- Customer Service Skills – Experience in customer-oriented telephone, email and chat
- Strong, hands-on, knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008, Small Business Server, and Active Directory
- Problem Solving Skills – Able to gather information, evaluate options and offer good solutions
- Excellent knowledge of LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation
- Excellent knowledge of network monitoring, capacity planning, and network security principles
- Excellent knowledge of general network management best practices
- Excellent planning, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to respond quickly, competently and patiently to customer requests
- Ability to manage multiple projects and take initiative
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Administrator certification an advantage
- Cisco Certified Network Professional or higher is a plus
- Other industry standard certifications will be evaluated based on merit
- Position requires ability to lift servers to place in rack
- Must be proficient with all mainstream Microsoft products
- Must have valid driver’s license
We hire only the best and the brightest, if you consider yourself one of them, please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.