IT Service Engineers
Full Time Employee
Company and Job Overview:
TJ Microsystems is a regional Managed IT Service Provider (MSP), with offices in Cairns & Townsville, specialising in providing high quality IT solutions. Due to our growth we have an opportunity available for Service Engineers for Cairns to join our expanding team.
If you are
- Super techy, love to play with new equipment and technologies
- You’re a likeable professional person who enjoys working in a team environment
- Love complex problem solving and enjoy having a laugh with your colleagues
- Enjoy a broad variety of work in a highly paced and dynamic environment
Then read on …
About the Role
We're on the hunt for highly versatile technicians with current technology skillset to join the dynamic TJ Microsystems team.
Level 2-3 Service Engineer
Ideal Candidates for L2 Service Desk Engineers should have at least 1-2 years in an MSP Service desk role or 3-4 years working in a non-MSP service desk. In both cases preferably in a L2 and above capacity and/or with onsite experience.
You should have used RMM tools such as Labtech, Kaseya or N-Able and PSA ticketing tools such as Connectwise or AutoTask. All qualifications are an advantage.
But you MUST be self-motivated, have good time management skills and a positive attitude. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and fluent English are critical, as you will have constant direct contact with clients undertaking:
- Working with service desk team to Triage L1/2/3 Incidents
- Supporting basic and complex network types ranging from 5 to 200+ users
- Supporting Windows Server & Desktop Technologies & Cloud Environments
- Install and Support LOB Client Applications
- Migrate users to new desktops & notebooks, with an eye for detail.
- Competently configure or install local/network printers, routers, scanners & network switches, Wireless Access Points
- Look for opportunities to improve our client's IT (such as rack tidy-up, system upgrades, etc.).
- Occasionally work outside of usual business hours to accommodate client support needs.
- As you will travel to client premises at times, a Current Australian Drivers Licence is essential.
- Working with Small to Medium business clients is an advantage (10-100 seats)
Senior Level 3, Team Lead and Project Engineer
Ideal Candidates for Senior and Projects role should have 5-10 Years experience across implementing projects, networking, virtualisation in a managed services environment. The role involves providing technical leadership to L2 Engineers and priority escalation including management of critical and complex issues. Experience in Pre sales engineering and working with the sales team in preparation of complex SOW documents and project proposals would be an advantage.
In addition to the above you will be required to plan, install, manage, and maintain the following technologies:
- Microsoft Server Platforms
- Microsoft 365, Azure, Exchange (Online & Onprem)
- Trend Micro and Sophos Security products
- Cisco Networking, Ubiquity Wireless products
- VM Ware Virtualisation Platforms
- Cloud Migrations
- Storagecraft, Veem and Synology BDR Products
- Lenovo, HP, Toshiba, Dell technologies
What’s on Offer
This is a great opportunity for an energetic, motivated individual to join a local company that enjoys a strong marketplace presence and great relationships within the organisation and with our clients. We offer competitive salary rates reflective of your experience and a learning environment with opportunities to be part of a fast growth business to help develop and grow your career. We don’t take shortcuts and we enjoy what we do.
We combine a family-oriented, fun-loving atmosphere with a corporate IT philosophy to create a unique fusion you won't find elsewhere. The region offers a unique tropical lifestyle with a beautiful blend of rainforest, reef and a culture of paradise and tranquillity that most would only dream of for their family and or children.
If this is you, please submit your resume and cover letter now. Full work rights in Australia are required for this position.
If you are ready to build your career with a business that prides itself on providing exceptional customer service and building a strong team, then send your CV today to [email protected]. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing why you're the best candidate for this job, and don't forget to include the code word "Purple Monkey Dishwasher" on your cover letter.