IT Systems Administrator
Full Time Employee
Salary $60 - $80K depending on experience and skill set.
IT Systems Administrator
TJ Microsystems is one of North Queensland’s largest Managed IT Service Providers specialising in delivering high quality IT solutions and we have opportunities for an experienced System Administrator to join our expanding team in Cairns.
The Team & The Place
We are a locally owned and operated company with over 25 years in business and 20 staff with service locations in Cairns, Townsville and Brisbane. We have a great office environment with a modern office premises, a great work and social culture and a supportive team.
About the Role
We are on the hunt for highly versatile technicians with current technology skillset to join the dynamic TJ Microsystems team.
Ideal Candidates for the Senior Systems Administrator role should have 5-10 Years experience across design, implementation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting of Microsoft Server network environments. Experience in implementation projects, networking, virtualisation in a managed IT services environment and equivalent Degree or Higher and industry qualifications are an advantage.
The role involves providing technical leadership to L2 Engineers and priority escalation including management of critical and complex issues. Experience in Pre sales engineering and working with the sales team in preparation of complex SOW documents and project proposals would be an advantage.
In addition to the above, you will be required to plan, install, manage, and maintain the following technologies:
- Microsoft Server Platforms
- Mainstream Server Hardware including HP, Lenovo, Dell
- Microsoft 365, Azure, Exchange (Online & On-Prem)
- Trend Micro Security and Sophos Cybersecurity products
- Cisco Networking, Ubiquity Wireless networks
- VM Ware Virtualisation platforms
- Cloud Migrations
- Storagecraft and Synology BDR products
You should have used RMM tools such as Labtech, Kaseya or N-Able and PSA ticketing tools such as Connectwise or AutoTask.
You MUST be self-motivated, have good time management skills and a positive attitude. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and fluent English are critical, as you will have direct contact with clients, vendors and service providers undertaking:
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Network Security analysis and design
- Updating and Creation of IT documentation including Disaster Recovery planning, IT Systems guidelines and procedures.
- Design and Integration of network and IT systems including third party applications
- Provision of advice and strategic IT Planning for IT Infrastructure for both On premises, legacy and Cloud infrastructure
- Competently configure or install local/network printers, routers, scanners & network switches, Wireless Access Points
- Occasionally work outside of usual business hours to accommodate client support needs
- As you will travel to client premises at times, a Current Australian Drivers Licence is essential
- Working with Small to Medium business clients is an advantage (10-100 seats)
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for an energetic, motivated individual to join a local company that enjoys a strong marketplace presence and great relationships within the organisation and with our clients. We offer competitive salary rates reflective of your experience and a learning environment with opportunities to be part of a fast growth business to help develop and grow your career. We don’t take shortcuts and we enjoy what we do.
The region offers a unique tropical lifestyle with a beautiful blend of rainforest, reef and a culture of paradise and tranquillity that most would only dream of for their family and or children.
If you are ready to build your career with a business that prides itself on providing exceptional customer service and building a strong team, then send your CV today to [email protected]. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing why you're the best candidate for this job, and don't forget to include the code word "Purple Monkey Dishwasher" on your cover letter.